Zip Line Manager Job Description
The Zip Line Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety for all zip line guests.
- Setting up harnesses properly.
- Assisting guests in harnessing and helmet fitting.
- Demonstrating proper zipping techniques.
- Operating the zip line safely.
- Inspecting equipment.
- Logging all activity on the zip line.
- Educating guests about zip line safety.
- Daily opening and closing procedures of zip line course.
- Supervising the progress and experience of each assigned tour group.
- Fitting harness and helmets correctly and supervising the use of all safety equipment.
- Conducting pre-tour safety orientation for each tour group.
- Using customer engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each guest.
- Assuring the safety and wellbeing of guests throughout each tour.
- Conducting complete inspections of all course components and gear.
- Assisting with course maintenance efforts.
- Attending required meetings and trainings.
Pre- Zip line Duties:
- Inspecting all lines for safety.
- Inspecting both platforms for safety, cleanliness, and supplies (water, first aid, etc.).
- Inspecting harnesses, pulleys, carabineers, and helmets for integrity and cleanliness.
- Assisting with weigh-in, waivers, and harness distribution.
- Reviewing safety issues, answer questions.
- Demonstrating how to carry gear and wear safety harness.
- Building excitement about the forthcoming experience.
- Attaching guests to the cable and perform essential safety check every time before anyone zips.
- Assisting with the landing of each participant, insuring their safety on every approach.
- Responsible for all gear safety and maintenance, including but not limited to washing, cleaning, sanitizing, and preparing the equipment.
Must be able to:
- Communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings.
- Be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and be creative and motivated.
- Have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Alcohol and Drug Testing: Employees may not arrive on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs (prescription or otherwise). Because this position is a safety-sensitive position, employees will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing.