Experience Open Only To Immediate Households
(Per Illinois State Order)
As restrictions are lifted, we may be able to accommodate people from different households at a later date.
** Registration Form Below **
Your Household Can Enjoy Time Away
LOMC is offering families a way to have a two-night, three-day adventure away from home this summer! Keeping everyone safe, we have 5 different locations at LOMC where your family can enjoy time together in your own building or campsite. We even throw in some LOMC-led activities.
YOUR HOUSEHOLD GETAWAY
For safety reasons we can only allow your immediate household to visit. Eventually we’ll be allowed to accommodate family reunions but for now please only bring the people you immediately live with. You can bring adult children! Bring anyone currently in your household. This opportunity is not limited to households with school-age children. Enjoy time together in a peaceful location!
FAMILY GETAWAY DETAILS
Features and Details
- Available to your immediate household only.
- At this time we are not able to accommodate pets. Please do not bring your pet.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we can only allow people from the same household to stay at LOMC. Please do not invite additional friends or family at this time.
- Limited to two-night maximum only. You can revisit later!
- No food service is available at this time (see additional info).
- You can bring adult children! Bring anyone currently in your household. This opportunity is not limited to households with school-age children.
- To ensure safety, families will not be put together. Each family will have a building all to themselves.
- In the case of our Retreat Cabins (where two cabins are next to each other in each village), only one family will stay at a time at Meadows or Timbers Village.
- We are using EPA-approved disinfectants and are cleaning all buildings in accordance to CDC guidelines.
- In public areas we will be regularly wiping down doors, handles, restrooms and other frequently touched items.
- At Freedom Tree Village we are no longer providing pillows. For health and safety please bring your own pillow (most people prefer their own typically).
- No one is allowed to visit if they are feeling sick (with any illness) or have been around someone known to have COVID-19 within fourteen days of your stay.
- Other than first aid, LOMC is not able to provide any medical care during your stay. Synder’s Pharmacy is located in Oregon, IL and a hospital and prompt care is located in Dixon, IL (approximately 20 minutes away).
- Fees are per building and includes:
- LOMC-led activities (optional).
- Use of your building (some rooms may be locked to help us with housekeeping).
- Ice machine is available for coolers.
- The pool and zip line are not available this year to help LOMC with cost-savings.
- We have 3 sets of reservation options per week:
- You may arrive early on your check-in date but your housing may not be available until after 3:30pm.
- Check-out is at 10:30am but you may stay onsite all day.
- If you have more than 6 in your family, please contact us for availability and pricing.
- Remember the Family Getaway is for immediate households only.
- Use the form below to register your family and request a date and facility.
- Audrey (registrar) will be in contact you with further details.
- A non-refundable deposit is due immediately to keep your reservation.
- $100 for Freedom Tree Village, $75 for Retreat Cabins, $25 for Campground
- Cancellations made 10 days before your stay are refundable (except the deposit).
- Cancellations made within 10 days require full payment.
- Payment(s) can be by check or credit card.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your remaining balance is due on arrival.
- A waiver and agreement needs to be signed prior to arrival (button below).
- At this time we are not offering food service to guests in order to manage costs and ensure safety.
- Oregon, IL has a grocery store and several restaurants are open for carryout and curbside delivery (and other delivery options may be available).
- An ice machine is available for you to fill your personal cooler.
- A hotel-size refrigerator and small microwave is available for your exclusive use during your stay.
- Please bring your own plates, utensils, soap, etc.
- We recommend disposable plates, cups, etc. Despite the harm to the environment our areas have very limited resources for washing.
- Please see the activities options for some additional cookout/snack opportunities (extra fee applies).
** Due safety, financial and staffing shortages we are not able to operate the pool or zip line this summer.
Pick up to three activities. Depending on the number of families/households visiting at one time, we will do our best to accommodate your family/household with up to three activities. We may have situations where we can only lead your family in one or two activities.
- Pond canoe (2 per canoe)
- Fishing 101
- Paul’s Pond fishing (bring your own gear or we’ll help you use ours)
- Guided hikes at LOMC
- Prairie Hike and Prayer Labyrinth, Milkhouse Trail, Barber’s Cliff, Levi’s Cave and more
- Night Hike!
- Team building games
- Parent’s Time Out!
- 2 hour maximum
- LOMC staff/volunteers will guide your children in outdoor activities while you get time to yourself.
- Based on staff/volunteer availability
- Activities include: Building a shelter, nature scavenger hunt, animal tracking, bug hunt and more.
- Family Nature Craft Time
- Build a bird feeder
- Create your own LOMC map
- Nature painting
- Create a nature bowl
- Evening Campfire
- Volleyball and basketball courts
- Gaga ball
- Fishing at the pond (bring your own gear)
- Many, many trails for hiking
- Prayer Labyrinth
- Self-guided nature activities/games found in the LOMC Explorers Activity Guide (we’ll provide you with a copy)
- Family devotions, prayer and activities found in the LOMC Explorers Activity Guide (we’ll provide you with a copy)
- Faith5 Guide from the book “Holding Your Family Together” by Dr. Rick Melheim.
- The first 10 families receive a free copy!
Evening Cookouts $30 (feeds 4)
- Choose one for your entire family. We cannot mix and match (no a la carte).
- We provide all plates, utensils and all cooking equipment for your meal.
- LOMC staff will help provide you with everything you need for a fun outdoor cookout over a fire. We provide all the cook wear, utensils and food supplies. We won’t steal all your fun – we’ll guide you through making a fire and cooking your meal. We’ll even clean/disinfect everything for you after the meal is over.
- Sun’s-Up Ridgerunner Mash (hash, eggs, onion, diced ham, Cheddar cheese)
- Hotdogs or Brats (hotdogs, brats, potato chips, buns, relish and condiments)
- Hamburger Foil Pack (burger patty, onions, potatoes, carrots, butter, spices)
- Chicken Foil Pack (chicken breast, onions, potatoes, carrots, corn, butter, spices)
- Pizza Pockets (bread, sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese)
- Walking Tacos (meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, Doritos/Fritos)
Campfire Desserts/Snacks $5 (feeds 4)
- Choose one for your entire family. We cannot mix and match (no a la carte).
- You do not need to have a cookout meal to sign up for a campfire dessert/snack.
- We’ll help you build your campfire and provide all the tools and goodies to enjoy an evening dessert or snack.
- Dough Boys (cinnamon dough sticks cooked over a fire)
- S’Mores (Standard s’mores or substitute fudge stripe cookies)
- Area Businesses (via Google Maps)
- Nachusa Grasslands (featuring a herd of bison)
- Oregon Park District
- Depending on COVID-19 requirements, there are many opportunities available from a park with a splash pad to an indoor pool (at Nash Center).
- Pine Creek “Rink” Skating Rink (currently closed but check website)
- Sculpture Trail
- State Parks
- White Pelican River Trips
Resources to use to plan your household’s experience at LOMC:
- LOMC Campground Guest Info
- LOMC Freedom Tree Guest Info
- LOMC Retreat Cabin Guest Info
- Local Restaurant Guide (provided by the Oregon Chamber of Commerce)
- Local Businesses (via Google Maps)
- Super Valu Grocery Store
- Synders Pharmacy and Ace Hardware
What to Bring:
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottles, toiletries, clothing, etc.
- Please supply your own cups, plates and utensils. Despite the harm to the environment we recommend bringing disposable plates, cups, etc. as there is very limited ways to wash dishes.
- Freedom Tree: Marander and Dody Lodges have bedding and towels provided. Please bring your own pillows.
- Retreat Cabins: Please bring bedding/sleeping bags, pillows and towels. Mattresses are included in each bunk.
- Campground: Please bring your own tent(s) and camping equipment (including bedding, pillows and towels)
- Coffee Makers: Freedom Tree (Marander/Dody) has coffee makers. Please bring your own coffee maker for use in the campground and Retreat Cabins.
- Cooking: Please bring your own plates, utensils, soap, etc. We do not have grills available. Limited sinks to use for cleanup. We encourage families to keep meals simple to prepare and cleanup. We encourage shop-local! There are many restaurants in Oregon available for carry-out. OR sign up for a LOMC cookout activity (extra fee).
Freedom Tree Village
$550 per Building
2 Buildings Available
Up to 6 fully heated/air conditioned bedrooms each with their own bathroom.
Bedrooms have two twin-sized beds (some with a third additional bed)
Bedding and towels provided.
Please bring your own pillow.
Common room with couches, chairs, fireplace, TV (dvd only, bring your own streaming device), hotel-sized refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and more.
High speed Internet / Wifi
Outdoor cement patio and back bedrooms have decks.
Comfortable Cabins With Bunks
$325 per Building
2 Buildings Available
4 main rooms with 4 bunk beds each.
Please bring your own bedding (or sleeping bags), pillows and towels.
Fully heated and air conditioned.
2 bathrooms: Each with sinks, toilet stall and 2 showers.
Middle room has additional bunks and room for activities.
Exclusive access to our
Perch or Roost buildings:
- Both buildings have an open floor plan for playing table games, meals and other activities.
- Active games are not allowed. It’s not equipped to be a gym.
- A hotel-size refrigerator and small microwave is available in the Perch or Roost building for your exclusive use during your stay. Meals should only be prepared and eaten in the Perch or Roost buildings.
- TV Cart with Blu-Ray Player
Coffee Drinkers: Please bring your own coffee maker and supplies.
Restroom located off of the main area.
No wifi/internet available in our Retreat Cabins.
Tent Camping With Pavilion/Bathroom
$50 Program Fee With Access
to Large Campsite 1 Campsite Available
Shady campground near Paul’s Pond.
Fire pits and picnic tables available.
Please bring your own tent and camping equipment
Tent and Trailer Pavilion: Your family will have exclusive access to one bathroom with two sinks, one toilet stall and two showers.
Pavilion also has a covered area with picnic tables.
No wifi/internet available in our campground.