LOMC – COVID-19 NEWS – LOMC
We’re Hard At Work In Ministry
- For all LOMC’s summer camp programs, participants must provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend.
- The LOMC board will evaluate vaccination requirements in early August for fall retreats.
- Groups booking their own retreats can have their own restrictions.
- Mask Wearing
- Mask wearing is optional for all groups and in all spaces.
- As always, groups renting space and facilities are free to make their own rules and restrictions for their group members.
- Staff will wear masks when requested by group leaders.
- LOMC is a private retreat center.
- We ask group leaders to take the safety of their group members seriously.
- As of the date above, we allow group leaders to make safety decisions regarding COVID-19.
- AT ANY TIME… local, state and federal mandates may change our policies. *EVEN after you make a reservation.
- All of LOMC’s year-round staff are fully vaccinated.
- No one should visit LOMC if you have symptoms, feel sick or been in close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (or really any other illness).
POP-IN DAY GUESTS/VISITORS
LOMC is closed to the general public to accommodate our guests:
- Visit this page for details…
- Day visits includes hiking and fishing (please join the Fishing Club) and is by permission only.
Now is a great time to support LOMC in this unusual and challenging time. Financial difficulties are still challenging! Let’s work together to keep this precious ministry strong.
Our continued goal is to keep LOMC an outdoor sanctuary full of faith-filled experiences that connect us to God and each other.
Air cleaners with UV light available for enclosed locations.
Hand sanitizer and other disinfectants in place.
UV light for area disinfection.
Electrostatic disinfectant sprayers available.
The basics as you lead your group at LOMC.
General Questions Answered
We are already cleaning and disinfecting all areas of camp and regularly disinfecting commonly touched areas like doorknobs and bathrooms. We are working with our local health department, reviewing CDC guidelines as well as putting into place new procedures on cleaning and disinfecting.
For non-family groups, we are electro-statically spraying disinfectant in living areas an additional time during a two-night stay.
We continue to consult with both experts and other outdoor facilities in implementing best practices to keep guests safer. An individual and group’s willingness to follow precautions increases the likelihood that guests remain healthy.
We continue to evaluate how groups experience LOMC and what impact current COVID-19 restrictions have on them. We hope you will understand the complexity of keeping your group safe, following health department policies and making your experience fantastic is a delicate balance. Your help, flexibility and understanding is welcomed! Your group may need to consider:
Starting July 1 all groups that visit LOMC will have restrictions and be part of our new RETREAT (Together) program.
In order to keep LOMC sustainable we have increased fees slightly to match increased expenses in cleaning and disinfecting.
Yes. The product we use throughout LOMC is on the approved EPA list and is effective in combating the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) virus.
The registration number is: 1839-166
At any time, the health situation in the area (or in Illinois) may change causing us to roll back our options. We have three options to consider:
We encourage you to follow us on facebook and check our website frequently for the newest announcements.
Your prayers are very appreciated as we all navigate this strange and difficult time together. We have been blessed to receive financial help from donors and our federal government to continue ministry through early summer. Your financial help is always appreciated.
From AmazonSmile, Thrivent Choice Dollars/Action Teams, and financial donations we have lots of opportunity to support the ministries of LOMC.
To date, all year-round staff have been healthy. With recent federal help, we were able to keep our full-time staff and bring back a few part time staff. Our staff take daily temperature readings and we keep staff on limited duty, distance-duty or other restrictions based on their individual risk factors.
Financial realities are ever present as reservation numbers are 50-80% less than typical years. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Please visit our RETREAT (Together) page to get your group started in gathering for a safer experience at LOMC.
We want to help you walk through all the complex questions from transportation and housing to meals and activities. We want your group to be as safe as possible!