Hotel-quality Housing, Cabins with Bunks and Campground available
Experience God and Creation With Your Household
Most photos feature our premier Freedom Tree Village.
Household Getaway Is Designed For Immediate Households – 2 to 6 People
** Registration Form At Bottom of Page **
- Pets are not allowed in buildings. Pets are allowed in the campground.
- Due to any staff quarantines or vacations, we may not be able to provide every activity or meal requested. We plan to make every effort to accommodate your household!
We appreciate your understanding and help!
Each Room Has Its Own Bathroom
Your Household Can Enjoy Time Away
Freedom Tree Village
$190 for 2 Night Stay
Limited Time $50 grant*=$140
Two Rooms For up to 4 People
$95 per room for additional guests.
2 Lodges Available
Up to 6 fully heated/air conditioned bedrooms each with their own bathroom.
Bedrooms have two twin-sized beds (some with a third additional bed)
Bedding and towels provided.
Please bring your own pillow.
Common room with couches, chairs, fireplace, TV (dvd only, bring your own streaming device), hotel-sized refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and more.
High Speed Internet / Wifi
Outdoor cement patio and back bedrooms have decks.
Marander and Dody do not have kitchens.
Comfortable Cabins With Bunks
Limited Availability in Winter Months
$160 for 2 Nights
Limited Time $50 grant*=$110
For up to 4 People
$20 per person for additional guests
4 main rooms with 4 bunk beds each.
Please bring your own bedding (or sleeping bags), pillows and towels.
Fully heated and air conditioned.
2 bathrooms: Each with sinks, toilet stall and 2 showers.
Middle room has additional bunks and room for activities.
Exclusive access to our
Perch or Roost buildings:
- Both buildings have an open floor plan for playing table games, meals and other activities.
- Active games are not allowed. It’s not equipped to be a gym.
- A hotel-size refrigerator and small microwave is available in the Perch or Roost building for your exclusive use during your stay. Meals should only be prepared and eaten in the Perch or Roost buildings.
- TV Cart with Blu-Ray Player
Limited WIFI in our Perch and Roost Buildings.
Coffee Drinkers: Please bring your own coffee maker and supplies.
Restroom located off of the main area.
Retreat Cabins and Perch/Roost do not have kitchens.
* $50 grant for Freedom Tree and Retreat Cabins made possible by several Illinois ELCA Lutheran churches.
Tent Camping With Pavilion/Bathroom
$50 Program Fee With Access
to Large Campsite – 2 Campsites Available
$10 per night extra for electrical/water hookup
Shady campground near Paul’s Pond.
Fire pits and picnic tables available.
Please bring your own tent, camping equipment and ice for coolers.
You may search for firewood along tree lines.
Tent and Trailer Pavilion: Your household will have exclusive access to one bathroom with two sinks, one toilet stall and two showers.
Pavilion also has a covered area with picnic tables.
No wifi/internet available in our campground.
Stuff-To-Do in Oregon
Explore the Area!
YOUR HOUSEHOLD GETAWAY
An opportunity not limited to households with school-age children. Enjoy time together in a peaceful location! Activities included!
HOUSEHOLD GETAWAY DETAILS
Features and Details
- Special pricing available to your immediate household only.
- For family reunions or other small groups, or please consider our RETREAT (Together) experience instead.
- At this time we are not able to accommodate pets (except in the campground). Please do not bring your pet.
- Households and groups found to have a pet will be charged extra.
- Please do not invite additional friends or family for this experience. Consider our RETREAT (Together) experience instead.
- Each reservation is for two-nights but you may now book consecutive reservations (for example Sunday-Friday).
- Food service is generally not available for this experience.
- Check-in from 3:30pm-5:30pm on the day of your arrival. Please let us know when you will arrive.
- You can bring adult children! Bring anyone currently in your household. This opportunity is not limited to households with school-age children.
- LOMC has two staff that live onsite (at the entrance and at Freedom Tree Village) for safety and security.
- For activities, staff will be wearing masks and staying 6 feet away. If an activity is in a building, we ask that everyone wear a mask inside.
- To ensure safety, households will not be put together. Each household will have a building all to themselves.
- In the case of our Retreat Cabins (where two cabins are next to each other in each village), only one household will stay at a time at Meadows or Timbers Village.
- We are using EPA-approved disinfectants and are cleaning all buildings in accordance to CDC guidelines.
- In public areas we will be regularly wiping down doors, handles, restrooms and other frequently touched items.
- At Freedom Tree Village we are no longer providing pillows. For health and safety, please bring your own pillow (most people prefer their own typically).
- No one is allowed to visit if they are feeling sick (with any illness) or have been around someone known to have COVID-19 within fourteen days of your stay.
- Other than first aid, LOMC is not able to provide any medical care during your stay. Synder’s Pharmacy is located in Oregon, IL and a hospital and prompt care is located in Dixon, IL (approximately 20 minutes away).
- Fees are per building and includes:
- LOMC-led activities (optional).
- Use of your building (some rooms may be locked to help us with housekeeping).
- Ice machine is available for coolers.
- The pool and zip line are not available this year to help LOMC with cost-savings.
- We have 3 sets of reservation options per week:
- Friday-Sunday (limited availability)
- You may arrive early on your check-in date but your housing may not be available until after 3:30pm.
- Check-in from 3:30pm-5:30pm on the day of your arrival.
- Check-out is at 10:30am but you may stay onsite all day.
- You may arrive early on your check-in date but your housing may not be available until after 3:30pm.
- Use the form below to register your family and request a date and facility.
- Audrey (registrar) will be in contact you with further details.
- A non-refundable deposit is due immediately to keep your reservation.
- $100 for Freedom Tree Village, $75 for Retreat Cabins, $25 for Campground
- Cancellations made 10 days before your stay are refundable (except the deposit).
- Cancellations made within 10 days require full payment.
- Payment(s) can be by check or credit card.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Your remaining balance is due on arrival.
- A waiver and agreement needs to be signed prior to arrival (button below).
- At this time we are only offering cookout-style meals to households.
- **Due to current restrictions LOMC cannot provide indoor food service.
- **Please see the activities options for some additional cookout/snack/kit opportunities (extra fee applies).
- For household groups of five or more, please visit our Meal Service page for more information.
- Oregon, IL has a grocery store and several restaurants are open for carryout, delivery and limited indoor/outdoor seating.
- Visit our Meal Service page for details on local restaurants.
- An ice machine is available for you to fill your personal cooler.
- A hotel-size refrigerator and small microwave is available for your exclusive use during your stay.
- Retreat Cabin and Freedom Tree only.
- Please bring your own plates, utensils, dish soap, etc.
- We recommend disposable plates, cups, etc. Despite the harm to the environment, our areas have very limited resources for washing dishware, etc.
- Mix and match experiences under any heading.
- Pick up to 2 individual experiences (from any category) during your stay unless otherwise indicated*
CATEGORY 1: Prayer & Nature
- Option 1: Prayer Labyrinth walk
- Option 2: Forest meditation hike
- Option 3: Guided trail hike
- Option 4: Praying in Color session (indoors or outdoors)
CATEGORY 2: Coffee & Campfire (extra fee required)
- Option 1: Coffee on a cliff (morning hike to Barber’s Cliff- enjoy coffee & donuts)
- Option 2: Campfire on a cliff (evening hike and campfire on Barber’s Cliff- enjoy some S’mores!)
- Guided devotion/prayer may be included on request for either option.
CATEGORY 3: Canoeing
- Option 1: Canoe on Paul’s Pond (Availability May 28-September 30)
- Option 2: Canoe on the national scenic Rock River* (Availability June 1- August 31)
- $30.00 per canoe: 2-3 people per canoe-MAX is 3 people.
- 5 mile trip: 1.5-2 hours
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult in a canoe.
- Trip times are scheduled at either 10:00 am or 2:30 pm.
- Previous canoeing experience recommended or practice will be scheduled on the pond prior to your trip.
- *When choosing this experience-you will only be able to choose one additional guided activity during your stay.
CATEGORY 4: Bows & Beanbags
- Option 1: Archery
- Option 2: Team building activities
- Includes social distancing games for small groups.
CATEGORY 5: Time Outs & Crafts
- Option 1: Parent’s Time Out
- Leave the kiddos and head out to hike, shop, or nap!
- Kids will play games/crafts/fly kites.
- 2 hour maximum
- Option 2: Nature Arts and crafts (geared toward children)
- Option 3: Nature Time
- Learn about birds!
- Birding Adventure/craft
CATEGORY 6: Wander Oregon Tour
Pick one destination and jump in our van and enjoy the journey!
- Option 1: The Oregon Sculpture Trail
- More info here…
- Go on a hunt to find all 14 historical sculptures in the area.
- One sculpture is located at LOMC!
- Option 2: Antique-Vintage-Soap Shop Hop
- Option 3: White Pines State Park Hiking and Picnic
- More info here…
- Enjoy a guided hike and either bring your own picnic lunch OR choose a picnic lunch from us.
- Geocache Hike
- Download the app: What3words
- We provide you a geocache guide with a list of 3 words to find the various geocaches hidden around LOMC.
- Bring your own fishing poles and bait (or borrow our poles-limited poles available) and enjoy fishing on Paul’s Pond
- Prayer Labyrinth
- Volleyball, Basketball, Gaga Ball, Human Foosball (equipment provided or bring own)
- Kite Flying (bring your own or limited kites will be available)
- Hike LOMC (map of grounds is provided)
- Offsite Options:
Cookouts $30 (serves 4)
- Choose one for your entire household. We cannot mix and match (no a la carte).
- All of the meals can be cooked outdoors over a fire or indoors in a Freedom Tree Village fireplace.
- Cooking sticks or pie irons will be provided!
- If you are staying in the Retreat Cabins you will only be able to cook over campfire.
- We provide all plates, utensils and all cooking equipment for your meal.
- LOMC staff will help provide you with everything you need for a fun outdoor cookout over a fire. We provide all the cook wear, utensils and food supplies. We won’t steal all your fun – we’ll guide you through making a fire and cooking your meal. We’ll even clean/disinfect everything for you after the meal is over.
- Hotdogs OR Brats (hotdogs, brats, potato chips, buns, relish and condiments)
- Pizza Pockets (bread, sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, butter, seasonings, veggie sticks and fruit)
- Fajita Pockets (burrito shells, chicken, sour cream, salsa, cheese, seasonings, veggie sticks, ranch sauce, butter and fruit)
- French Toast and Sausage (bread, eggs, milk, butter, syrup, cinnamon and fruit)
- Grilled Ham and Cheese (bread, ham, cheese, ranch sauce, chips, veggie sticks and fruit)
Desserts/Snacks $5 (serves 4)
- Choose one for your entire family. We cannot mix and match (no a la carte).
- You do not need to have a cookout meal to sign up for a campfire dessert/snack.
- We’ll help you build your campfire and provide all the tools and goodies to enjoy an evening dessert or snack.
- Dough Boys (cinnamon dough sticks cooked over a fire)
- S’Mores (Standard s’mores or substitute fudge stripe cookies)
- Hike and Hot Cocoa: Walk the woods to discover one of LOMC’s most picturesque places: Barber’s Cliff where you can sit down and enjoy some hot cocoa and a warm fire to take in the view. (Chairs, cocoa, fire will be provided).
Special Snack or Gift Kits $10 (serves 4)
- Cookie Decorating Kit: Includes a dozen sugar cookies, four frosting bags, sprinkles, and toothpicks to help with decorating. Cookies are baked onsite at LOMC!
- Popcorn Over Fire: Make a kettle of popcorn over campfire or fireplace. Includes use of popper kettle and 1 pre-packaged campfire popcorn.
- Hot Cocoa Kit: Includes a dozen hot cocoa packets, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, cinnamon sticks, and peppermint sticks.
- Area Businesses (via Google Maps)
- Byron Forest Preserve
- Cross country skiing: The preserve has cross country skis for rent and miles of trails for you to explore! The cost is $5 per person, per hour. Skis can be rented at the Jarrett Prairie Center during normal business hours. Don’t hibernate, recreate this winter and take advantage of Byron’s wonderful open spaces! For more information, call 815-234-8535.
- Nachusa Grasslands (featuring a herd of bison)
- Oregon Park District
- Depending on COVID-19 requirements, there are many opportunities available from a park with a splash pad to an indoor pool (at Nash Center).
- Pine Creek “Rink” Skating Rink
- Sculpture Trail
- State Parks
- White Pelican River Trips
- White Pines Ranch Horseback Riding
Resources to use to plan your household’s experience at LOMC:
- Local Restaurant Guide (provided by the Oregon Chamber of Commerce)
- Local Businesses (via Google Maps)
- Super Valu Grocery Store
- Synders Pharmacy and Ace Hardware
What to Bring:
- (Depending on the season) Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottles, toiletries, clothing, etc.
- Please supply your own cups, plates and utensils. Despite the harm to the environment we recommend bringing disposable plates, cups, etc. as there are very limited ways to wash dishes.
- Freedom Tree: Marander and Dody Lodges have bedding and towels provided. Please bring your own pillows.
- Retreat Cabins: Please bring bedding/sleeping bags, pillows and towels. Mattresses are included in each bunk.
- Campground: Please bring your own tent(s) and camping equipment (including bedding, pillows and towels)
- Coffee Makers: Freedom Tree (Marander/Dody) has coffee makers. Please bring your own coffee maker for use in the campground and Retreat Cabins.
- Cooking: Please bring your own plates, utensils, soap, etc. We do not have grills available. Limited sinks to use for cleanup. We encourage families to keep meals simple to prepare and cleanup. We encourage shop-local! There are many restaurants in Oregon available for carry-out. OR sign up for a LOMC cookout activity (extra fee).