Be a Part of the Summer 2022 Season
Online Application At Bottom Of This Page
“Seeing young people explore God’s creation while making life-long memories brought me so much joy. Camp is an amazing place to step outside of your comfort zone, grow in your faith and meet long lasting friends.” -Justin Wilson (2015-2018)
“Camp was an experience of a lifetime. It was a time that I not only formed cherished relationships with the people around me, but it was also a time when I was able to grow in my relationship and faith in Jesus Christ.” - Ethan Doan (2016-2017)
“Spending my entire summer immersed in the beauty of creation! Surrounded by a faith community who supported me and helped me lead youth at camp in their faith.” -Cassidy Wright (2017)
“Working at camp brought me joy because I got to see the campers have new experiences in nature while forming meaningful friendships and learning more about their faith.”
- Halley Holm (2016-2019)
"I worked Toys "R" Us and a hardware store a few summers and learned a lot and met some good co-workers. Working at LOMC as a counselor prepared me for much more and the relationships with my fellow staff still endure!" -Rob Gieraltowski (LOMC Exec. Director)
Summer Employment Opportunities
The following information may help you decide if a summer in camping ministry at LOMC is for you.
The Purpose of Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center is to be the Church in outdoor settings, nurturing Christian faith and providing experiences connecting the Word of God with the World of God.
A summer of camping ministry is highly rewarding and challenging!
- Work within an intentional community in which you are responsible to one another.
- Gain valuable skills in problem solving as you help children, youth and adults navigate their summer camp experience.
- Respond to rapidly changing weather and other environment challenges.
- Experience helping children and youth with experiences that challenge you to be creative in your planning, response, and spontaneity.
Prayerfully consider the following information as it helps you decide if camping ministry at LOMC is for you:
- Are you a person of Christian faith?
- It is not a requirement that you are an ELCA Lutheran, but rather, that you personally can share from your Christian faith in the grace of God given to us in Jesus Christ, a faith guided by God's Word in the Bible.
- Camping ministry focuses on helping campers experience Christ in the outdoors and sharing Gods love.
You must have a passion for:
- Children and Youth: Are you interested and willing to work with small groups of youth in grades K-12 (Campers are grouped according to similar age groups)?
- Jesus Christ: Are you Christian and willing to learn more about your faith? To share the beliefs of ELCA Lutheran Christians with campers? You don’t need to be a biblical scholar, but rather, be willing to learn, grow, and be challenged in your faith.
- Nature: Almost all of the above takes place in an outdoor setting. Although you may sleep in a retreat house one week, you may be in a tent the next. Connecting the natural and physical world with the Word of God is central to the ministry of LOMC so you’ll be outside!
- Healthy lifestyles: LOMC is a drug and alcohol-free camp.
Camp experience is helpful but not necessary. Please see the job descriptions for specific qualifications needed.
Benefits of working at LOMC
A summer working at a camp can be compared to no other! The experiences you will have, the community you will become an important part of, and the lives you will touch will become a lifelong part of your own story. LOMC provides training (first aid, AED/CPR, food handlers and lifeguard certification), workers’ compensation, and supplementary insurance. Our summer staff members are paid weekly. (Please talk to Program Director for specific details on salary).
2022 Employment Notes
- Positions run a total of 8 weeks.
- 2 weeks of paid training.
- 6 weeks of programming.
- Staff Training: June 5-16
- Program Weeks: Refer to Summer Camp details...
- We have increased weekly rates of pay for summer staff over 2019 rates (our last summer camp year).
- Your ability to work each week of the summer and comply with COVID protocols increases your ability to be hired.
Summer Staff Positions
Click a button for specific descriptions: