General Event and Rental Policy for LOMC
We welcome your group to create an event at LOMC. As a non-profit we raise money to keep the ministry strong and effective. Please understand we make every effort to make your event/stay a unique and memorable one through the resources that God has given us. We strive to excel in all areas of service for you!
Please also understand that as a non-profit ministry, our goal is for you to build relationships with each other and we are neither a restaurant nor a resort but a retreat center focused on being a church in an outdoor setting. Welcome to LOMC!
- LOMC offers reservations only for groups (churches, scout groups, families, family reunions, etc.). We do not allow reservations for individuals in order to comply with the state of Illinois legal requirements.
- We do not rent a room out to any individuals (like a hotel).
- Exception: LOMC-led events and retreats. You are signing up to be a part of an LOMC-led group.
- You may start the reservation process by visiting our:
- Each reservation requires a non-refundable deposit (please see your contract for details). Until the deposit is received, your reservation is not complete. We ask that you promptly return your deposit to the LOMC Office to hold your space at an event or hold your facility. If we do not receive your deposit your reservation is not complete and we will open it up to other groups.
- The group leader will receive a contract with pricing details as well as possible requests for further details about your event.
- Your guaranteed number of guests or rooms is locked in 10 days before your stay.
- No refunds are given within 10 days of an event.
- The deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. The deposit is applied to your balance.
- If your groups cancels 10 days or more before your event, we will refund any amount you have paid except the non-refundable deposit.
- Please contact us 10 days before your event to make any changes to the number of guests staying/participating/dining with us or rooms needed (Freedom Tree Village).
- Your group is responsible for all charges and fees less than ten (10) days before your event/stay.
- Your group is responsible for all meals/activities/lodging/etc. within 10 days before your event/stay. We work before your event to arrange for staff, purchase activity and food supplies and more. If you bring less than your contracted number of guests we will charge you for contracted number UNLESS you make changes 10 days or more before your event.
- The LOMC staff reserves the right to refuse or allow any refunds. Great communication from a group leader allows us to be more flexible and find agreeable options. Please keep us informed!
- For more information please visit the following pages:
- We reserve the right to make changes to our fees at any time and will honor currently booked reservations and their associate fees.
- Situations beyond our control may require additional fees and surcharges.
- The earlier you can inform us of changes to numbers of guests and facility/activity needs – the better we can accommodate you.
- Last minute changes to meal times, facility needs and other requests may or may not be possible once your event has started (or even days before your event). We are pleased to help you make your event the best it can be, so please plan ahead and keep communication with us open.
- Additional requests (if available/possible) may require additional fees.
HOUSING/ACTIVITY/MEALS/ETC. CHANGES MADE BY LOMC
- Occasionally issues arise due to items like equipment failure or weather issues that may cause changes to housing, meals, activities or other details for your group’s event. We strive to do everything possible to accommodate your group to your expectations. As a non-profit we ask that you work with us to find suitable solutions to make your event go smoothly.
- Our food service staff can provide any and all meals (plus snacks) for your group’s stay. All fees are charged per person/serving.
- Meal Times:
- High Pines Tier Meals: Breakfast-9:00am, Lunch-1:00pm, Dinner-6:00pm
- Prairie Tier Meals: Breakfast-8:00am, Lunch-12:00pm, Dinner-5:00pm
- Please be prompt for all meals you have scheduled. We appreciate groups arriving at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time so that your meal can start on time.
- Please inform us of any dietary restrictions as early as possible. Vegan, gluten free and some other dietary restrictions carry an additional per-person fee due to higher food costs and preparation requirements. Vegetarian options are not subject to an additional fee.
- The Dining Hall kitchen is not available for groups to use. As a licensed food service kitchen (with Ogle County Health Department), we are unable to have anyone but our food service staff prepare or serve food.
- The Freedom Tree Hospitality Center kitchen is available on a limited basis to groups staying in Freedom Tree Village and for an additional fee.
PAYMENT and LATE FEES
- Upon arrival at LOMC, your remaining balance is due. LOMC accepts cash, check or credit card as forms of payment.
- Please contact us well ahead of your event to ask about alternative payment options.
- If your balance is not paid in full, a 1.5% late fee is applied to any remaining balance every 30 days until your account is paid.
- We will not allow further group reservations to be made until your balance is paid in full.
PROHIBITED ITEMS and ACTIVITIES at LOMC
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- Candles are allowed only if they are in a container.
- For incense and other types of candles please contact the LOMC office.
- Firearms and other weapons are not allowed.
- Recreational drugs (legal and illegal) are not allowed.
- Tobacco and vaping products are not allowed.
- Hunting of any kind is not allowed.
- Pets are prohibited from all areas of LOMC except our Tent and Trailer area (and must be leashed). Service animals with proper identification are allowed in buildings if a written request is given before your event/stay. If we find that a guest has brought a pet, an additional $200 charge for cleaning will be assessed for the group.
- Motorized vehicles used off-road are not allowed.
- Please leave nature alone. We do not allow taking of any items with you (flowers, plants, etc.). Please leave animals alone and do not try to feed or bother them.
- The Team Building Course is marked and is only to be used under the supervision of a LOMC staff person.
- The pool is only to be used only under the supervision of a trained LOMC staff person (lifeguard).
DAMAGES, SAFETY and SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Each group member must complete an online waiver to stay at LOMC. Adult participants may fill out their own form and minor’s must have a parent or guardian complete the form
- Your group is responsible for any and all damages to LOMC facilities and equipment.
- Some groups may be asked to submit a refundable security deposit for their event.
- LOMC is not responsible for damage to personal property or person. Use all areas of LOMC at your own risk and we recommend being in groups of two (2) or more when at LOMC.
- We inspect all facilities and equipment before a group arrives.
- Report any damage immediately to an LOMC staff person.
- Costs for materials and labor will be assessed to cover repairs due to damage.
- All children and youth groups must be supervised by a responsible adult (or adults) at all times during your stay. Please provide 1 (one) adult for every 10 (ten) children/youth.
- You must be 25 years or older to make a group reservation at LOMC. Group leaders are responsible for their group and assume all responsibility.
- Based on group size and prior history, a group may be assessed a refundable security deposit before your group arrives.
- Please check-in with an LOMC staff person either in the LOMC Office or at another mutually agreed upon location when you arrive.
- You may arrive early on your check-in date but your housing may not be available until after 3:30pm.
- Please designate a group leader that will be onsite during your event/stay. We ask that the leader have access to a cell/mobile device. We will text your leader with contact information that will allow you to contact us with any questions or concerns. The best way to contact us during your stay is to send a text to our main number: 815-732-2220.
- We make every attempt to check-in with your group leader several times during your stay (usually around meal times). We also respect your group’s needs so please let us know if there are times for us to check-in that would be disruptive to your group.
- To keep costs lower and respect the environment, we do not provide new linens or towels during your stay. If a special circumstance arises, please let us know and we can help you with needs related to linens and towels.
- Each room at Freedom Tree Village has a handy Guest Services binder with guest information, a local directory, maps and more.
- Check-out time is 10:30am the day of your departure. If you need a late check-out please contact us in advance of your event/stay. Your group may stay later but your group will need to be out of your rooms.
GUEST/CAMPER INSURANCE and FIRST AID
- Through our insurance company, anyone injured at LOMC or while participating in LOMC activities on or off-site are covered with supplemental insurance. Our policy covers expenses incurred and reported to us promptly and regardless of fault. Coverage by LOMC is supplemental and your individual and/or group insurance is to be primary coverage.
- LOMC is not responsible for providing personnel, supplies, transportation, or health care services for your group.
- LOMC does not staff year-round medical resources for groups.
- For LOMC summer camps only: we provide onsite staff/volunteers to handle routine first aid and health needs of campers.
- If you are unclear whether your group can expect first aid or medical help, please contact us well in advance of your event/stay.
- Groups are responsible for providing their own adults certified in first aid and CPR and who will be responsible for the health needs of the group.
- Groups are responsible for gathering and maintaining information on all members of the group that includes name, address, emergency contact names and numbers, and any allergies/health conditions/restrictions. For minors without a parent on-site, group leaders should also have signed permission to seek emergency treatment. Group leaders are responsible to inform camp of any allergies or restrictions of their group that may affect camp services provided (e.g., food service, program activities).
- Groups are responsible for their own emergency transportation. Phone numbers and locations of local EMS providers, clinics, and hospitals are provided in the LOMC’s orientation information and also posted in various areas around LOMC.
- Groups are responsible for providing their own first aid supplies and equipment.
- LOMC is pleased to have five (5) automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in buildings throughout LOMC to be used only in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest situation. Group leaders should familiarize yourself with the location of AEDs. Please ask us ahead of your event to share with you the location of the nearest AED device to your housing or event.
RELEASE, WAIVER, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I acknowledge my understanding and agreement to the foregoing terms:
AS A GUEST OR ORGANIZATION LEADER (or the parent or the legal guardian of a guest) of LUTHERAN OUTDOOR MINISTRIES CENTER, IT IS MY INTENTION on behalf of myself, my spouse, my child(ren), minor child for whom I am appointed guardian, my parent(s), my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate hereby:
BY THIS AGREEMENT TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE LUTHERAN OUTDOOR MINISTRIES CENTER AND ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH OF (NAME OF MINOR) CAUSED BY ANY ACT OF NEGLIGENCE OF LUTHERAN OUTDOOR MINISTRIES CENTER AND ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, SERVANTS, OR EMPLOYEES.
For and in consideration of permitting to observe, or use any facility or equipment of LUTHERAN OUTDOOR MINISTRIES CENTER (Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center is hereinafter known as “LOMC”), or engage in and/or receive instruction in any activity including but not limited to: canoeing, boating, hiking, archery, zip lining, swimming, camping, or any activity incidental thereto SOME OF WHICH MAY INVOLVE DANGERS, COMMUNICABLE DISEASE (including but not limited to COVID-19) AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY onsite or off-site with: LOMC in the city of Oregon, County of Ogle, and State of Illinois, at LOMC today and in the future , the undersigned hereby voluntarily and absolutely releases, discharges, waives, and relinquishes any and all loss or damages or actions or causes of action for personal injury, sickness, property damage, or wrongful death occurring to myself or family participating with LOMC as a result of observing or using facilities or equipment of LOMC, onsite or off-site, or engaging in or receiving instructions in any activities SOME OF WHICH MAY INVOLVE DANGERS, SICKNESS, COMMUNICABLE DISEASE AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY or in activities incidental thereto wherever or however the same may occur, and for whatever period said activities or instructions may continue.
I agree that in the event any claim for personal injury, sickness, communicable disease, property damage, or wrongful death shall be prosecuted against LOMC or its officers, agents, or employees, the undersigned will indemnify and hold harmless LOMC and its officers, agents, or employees from any and all claims or causes of action by myself or members of my party or by any other person or entity, by whomever or wherever made or presented, and under no circumstances will the undersigned present any claim against LOMC and said persons for personal injuries, sickness, communicable disease, property damage, wrongful death, or otherwise, caused by any act of negligence by LOMC and said persons.
The undersigned represent that he/she has read this Release, has requested and has been provided with, or has requested and declined advisement on the potential dangers/risks of engaging in the observation, activities, or instruction offered, assumes all risks associated with such dangers and risks, and is fully aware of and understands the terms and the legal consequences of the signing of this Release. The undersigned guest, parent or legal guardian intends his or her signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and if any portion of the Release is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
GUEST GROUPS I agree that LOMC is not liable for the leadership responsibilities of guest groups while at LOMC. When I am attending an event led by someone other than LOMC staff, I fully understand that the guest group’s leadership is responsible for any and all decisions held by my group leader(s). Any issues related to non-LOMC led programs or activities are the responsibility of the guest group and their leaders.
DAMAGE TO LOMC
I certify that I (or my organization) have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I (and guests that I am legally responsible for) may cause or suffer while participating in the activities with LOMC, or if not, I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself and others.
I hereby authorize and consent to the use of images or videos of my group, me, my family and/or my minor child, with or without my name, by LOMC for purposes including but not limited to: promotional materials, printed publications, internet posts including social media, television, and other media sources. I do this with full knowledge and consent and waive all claims for compensation for use or for damages. I release LOMC, its officers, employees, and agents from liability for any claims by me or any third party in connection with the use of my image.
I agree that any legal proceeding shall be filed solely in the County of Ogle and I further agree that the substantive law of Illinois shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
If the Participant or Guest is not 18 years of age or older, then the following Parent or Guardian Consent must be read and signed before the Participant or Guest is allowed to use LOMC and its facilities.
PARENT OR GUARDIAN CONSENT
I have read and understand the terms of this RELEASE, WAIVER, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT and unconditionally agree to its full terms, statements, warranties, notices, representations, waivers and releases on behalf of both myself and marital community, if any, and my child or ward.
All such terms, statements, warranties, notices, representations, waivers and releases fully apply to my child or ward as if I was the participant. I understand that, by signing this Consent, I am giving up important legal rights both on behalf of myself and my child or ward regarding potential rights and claims against LOMC. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
I hereby warrant and represent that if I am neither the Child’s Parent nor legal Guardian, I have been granted the expressed authority to execute this Waiver, Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement by, and on behalf of, the Child’s Parent or Guardian. In the event that I do not have the authority to execute this agreement on behalf of another, I agree that I shall be solely liable for any and all claims, actions, penalties, causes of action, services, fees or similar expense.