Job Title: Hospitality Specialist/Support Staff
Reports to: Food Service/Hospitality Manager, Program Director
COVID Requirements for All LOMC Staff:
- All LOMC staff will be required to have a full/complete COVID vaccination before starting work.
- A copy of the vaccination card needs to be on file with the LOMC office.
- All LOMC staff are encouraged to have a COVID booster when available to the staff person.
- All LOMC staff must adhere to any/all mask wearing, hand washing and other COVID prevention measures.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- Live in and help foster Christian community.
- Must affirm ELCA Lutheran Theology; however you do not have to be and ELCA Lutheran.
- Maintain safe and clean environment.
- Seek to increase our care for creation.
- Promote peace and justice.
- Willingness to share personal faith in God through words and actions so others may grow in their relationship with God through Christ.
Hospitality Specialist/Support Staff
Provide our guests and campers a clean and safe environment during our summer season and to provide support for our counselors.
Essential Job Functions:
Daily Hours: Hospitality Specialist hours will depend on the Freedom Tree Village guests arrivals and departures. The remaining time will be spent on helping supporting our staff.
- Cleaning rooms at Freedom Tree Village
- laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Oversee the summer staff in weekly cleaning of LOMC facilities especially our Meadows and Timbers Retreat Cabins.
- Cleaning the LOMC office building: weekly cleaning of main office area.
Other duties and expectations:
- Support Staff: cover staff breaks, help with large group activities, and help with Sunday registration.
- Attend worship, campfires, staff meetings, all-camp activities, and Friday Afternoon Festival.
- The position may be expected to sleep overnight in camper accommodations and be required to supervise campers overnight.
- Cleaning tools and supplies.
Property staff and counselors.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Must submit health history record form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Must have a clear background check completed by LOMC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of LOMC grounds will be required.
- Knowledge of LOMC and its mission.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in LOMC program areas.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to clean in and around beds, toilets, showers, tables, etc.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to activities.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Endurance to be on your feet and on the go while working.
- Willing to live in a camp setting during the week (not required if local) with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and bugs.