Job Title: Maintenance Specialist/Support Staff
Reports to: Property Manager, Program Director, Summer Coordinators
COVID Requirements for All LOMC Staff:
- All LOMC staff will be required to have a full/complete COVID vaccination before starting work.
- A copy of the vaccination card needs to be on file with the LOMC office.
- All LOMC staff are encouraged to have a COVID booster when available to the staff person.
- All LOMC staff must adhere to any/all mask wearing, hand washing and other COVID prevention measures.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- Live in and help foster Christian community.
- Must affirm ELCA Lutheran Theology; however you do not have to be and ELCA Lutheran.
- Maintain safe and clean environment.
- Seek to increase our care for creation.
- Promote peace and justice.
- Willingness to share personal faith in God through words and actions so others may grow in their relationship with God through Christ.
Maintenance Specialist/Support Staff Description
To further the mission of LOMC by providing a clean and safe area for our summer camp program so the daily functions of LOMC can be successful and safe.
Essential Job Functions:
Maintenance Daily Hours: 8:30 am- 3:00 pm, Support Staff Daily Hours: 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm
- Daily pool maintenance including (but not limited to) maintaining chemical levels and cleaning of pool and pool house.
- Upkeep of the grounds per Property Manager’s guidelines.
- Paper product replenishing.
- Assist in facility cleaning.
- Support Staff: cover staff breaks, help with large group activities, and help with Sunday registration
- Attend evening worship/campfires, staff meeting(s) and the Friday Afternoon Festival.
Other duties and expectations.
- Participate enthusiastically in camp activities.
- Contribute to verbal evaluations and communication as requested.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
- Cover breaks for other counselors.
- The position may be expected to sleep overnight in camper accommodations and be required to supervise campers overnight.
- If you are 21 or older we may ask you to obtain a JO2 driver’s license in order to drive the camp van to transport campers.
- Utility vehicles (“Gator” and truck)
- Power tools and other tools as necessary.
Direct relationships with counselors, property/hospitality staff, kitchen staff
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Must submit health history record form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Must have a clear background check completed by LOMC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of LOMC grounds will be required.
- Knowledge of LOMC and its mission.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Willingness to live (not required if local) in a camp setting and work irregular hours delivery program in the facility available.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and varying water conditions.
- Endurance to be on your feet and on the go while working irregular camp hours.
- Willing to live in a camp setting during the week (not required if local) with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and bugs.